THE OLD TOWN
The Old Town on the east bank of the river is the real pearl in Fredrikstad. Construction started in 1663 when the town was built according to General Cicignon's plan. This famous city planner and architect from Luxembourg was responsible for the construction of Old Fredrikstad.
The stone storehouse
Built 1674-96, this is the oldest building still standing in the precincts of the fort. Two large barrel-vaulted rooms in the basement have been converted into reception rooms, making them an attraction in their own right. There are four large baking ovens in the northern section of the building.