HomeAbout NorwayAdventuresTop destinationsEventsFamous Norwegians Forum
Search

Quicksearch

Menu

















Panorama picture from Farsund Municipality in Norway




LISTA LIGHTHOUSE

Lista Lighthouse was lit 10. november 1836. In 1850, it was suggested that the revolving light at Lista should be replaced by three permanent lights for easier identification. Between 1851 and 1852 two additional towers identical to the original one were erected.

At the reorganization in 1873, the northernmost tower was kept, while the other two were torn down. In 1877, the lighthouse, which is 38 metres tall, the strongest fog signal of that time, and in 1911, the wick lamps were exchanged with petroleum incandescent lamps.

Approximately 60.000 visitors come to Lista Lighthouse all the year round, where the attractions include an information centre, a meteorological and an ornithological station, art exhibitions and small concerts.